Saturday 23 March 2013

Male Happy Birthday Card

My husband asked me yesterday to do a card for a male co-worker, and as most of us find Male cards are hard to do especially at such short notice.  Nevertheless I went to work straight away and was surprised at how easy this one was to make.  I had only just brought this stamp set, so was very lucky to have it on hand.  I don't usually buy male stamp sets but Gavin's Birthday was coming up so I thought I should get one.  Soooo glad that I did.  I decided to make this look distressed so that it looked like an old ships log.  I stamped the images and then inked around the edges with a piece of sponge.  I then used a Stampin' Distressing Tool and distressed around the edges, then I used the Stampin' Sanding System to lightly sandpaper over the stamped images to make it look older.  I hope Noel likes his Birthday card.

I used the following products for this card:
Natural Composition Specialty DSP
Stampin' Sanding System
Stampin' Distress Tool
The Open Sea Clear Stamp Set
Feeling Sentimental Stamp Set
Decorative Label Punch
Early Espresso Card Stock
Very Vanilla Card Stock
Early Espresso Ink Pad
Midnight Muse Ink Pad
Early Espresso Baker's Twine

No comments:

Post a Comment