Sunday 8 December 2013

Crazy Crafter's Blog Hop


If you are following the Crazy Crafter's December Blog Hop you would have come from Carolina Evans at Studio Evans.  For this Blog Hop Tamie Holt chose the challenge, which is to use 3 colours plus a neutral.  I must admit that this was very hard for me, I think because a limit was set I over thought it too much.  Nevertheless I eventually came up with 3 colours that I would not normally put together. 



Now to choose these colours I used our fantabulous Stampin' Up! Colour Coach. I chose the Bermuda Bay card and on the back it has colours that will compliment it.  This is the best tool you can get, I use it a lot to get ideas on what colours to use together when I am stuck for inspiration.  So my colours for today are Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry and Whisper White as the neutral.


The stamp is Beautifully Baroque which is a large single stamp.  This is the first time that I have used it and I like the eastern flavour to the stamp. I stamped it first in Bermuda Bay then on a seperate piece I stamped it in Crushed Curry and cut it down and adhered to the center of the first one with Stampin' Dimensionals.  Then I used the Pansy Punch with Bermuda Bay cardstock and adhered that to the centre of the Crushed Curry piece.  Then I ripped a rough circle out of Melon Mambo cardstock and tore it around like a minty wrapper then wound it up to form a rosette (this was taught to me by Tamie Holt).  This technique is brilliant and you can make varying sizes using cardstock or DSP.

 I adhered the stamp to a piece of Bermuda Bay  DSP from the Designer Series Paper Stacks, then placed that on Crushed Curry cardstock that I ran through the Big Shot in the Beautifully Baroque Embossing Folder which goes perfectly with the Beautifully Baroque stamp.  Then I adhered it to a Bermuda Bay card.  Now for those that go by measurements when you make a card I am sorry but I am the type that just cuts it till it looks right, I don't really use any measurements at all.  I tied a piece of Crushed Curry 3/4 Chevron Ribbon and placed it just above the stamp with mini glue dots.  The 'love' was done using Melon Mambo and Expression Thinlet Dies which I used our 2-way glue pen to adhere to the card.

All in all I think it turned out ok considering how many half cards I threw away because I just wasn't happy with them.  For those that use up every scrap you would hate all the things that I bin.  I am sorry but I am a perfectionist when it comes to my crafting(but not in my housework lol) and I wouldn't give anything away unless I was 100% happy.  Sorry for rambling on so long, and I hope you enjoy our December Blog Hop.  Your next on this Blog Hop is Sarah Rae Oakes at Stampin' Up with Sarah

Crazy Crafter's Blog Hop Lineup
1.  Tamie Holt at Tamie Luvs Craft2
2. Sue Wdowik at Nigh Nigh Birdie
3. Michelle Mills at Hello Day Cards
4. Angela Lorenz at Angs Crafty Cards
5. Carolina Evans at Studio Evans
6 .Teena Maher at Stamping with Teena (you are here)
7. Sarah Rae Oakes at Stampin' Up with Sarah
8.  Alex Trofimov at Pink Crafty Mama
9. Nicole Spicer at Handmade by Nicole Spicer
10. Kylie Bertucci at Crafty Kylie









Hope you enjoy our blog hop
Cheers Teena

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty card! I wouldn't have thought to use these colours together but they look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous card Teena, those colours are devine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOWZER!! I love your card Teena - its blown me away :) love love love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice card Teena - believe it or not, I don't have this stamp set. I may have to change that now! Gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colour choices! The flower looks like felt! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, this card is truly gorgeous. Love the card design and the colours.

    ReplyDelete