Wednesday 31 July 2013

Swallowtail Birthday Card


It's my Sister Natalie's 40th Birthday soon and as she lives in Hong Kong I had to make her and her daughter Bree's cards early so they would get there in time.  I made these ages ago but they have now made their way to Hong Kong so I can now brag about them.  This is the gorgeous Swallowtail stamp from Stampin' Up! and it is one of my favourites.  There are so many things you can do with this stamp, this particular technique I have used is called Thumping.  I covered the stamp in Blushing Bride the I 'thumped' Rich Razleberry, Melon Mambo and Tempting Turquoise over the the stamp by thumping the markers onto the stamp randomly then stamped it onto the card front.  This technique always turns out different and looks great if I do say so myself. The flower in the middle of the butterfly was made made using our new Simply Pressed Clay and the Blossoms Simply Pressed Clay Mould which I then coloured with Rich Razzleberry and coated it in Crystal Effects and added a Rhinestone to it.  I stamped the 40 then covered that in Rhinestones. I hope Nat enjoys her birthday card.

Swallowtail Stamp 131943
Itty Bitty Banners Stamp Set 126257
ABC-123 Outline Alphabet & Numbers Stamp Set 130568
Blushing Bride Cardstock 131287
Whisper White Cardstock 106549
Rich Razzleberry DSP Stack 130134
Blushing Bride Ink Pad 131172
Rich Razzleberry Ink Pad 126950
Rich Razzleberry Stampin' Write Marker
Melon Mambo Stampin' Write Marker
Tempting Turquoise Stampin' Write Marker
all from the brights Stampin' Write Marker set 131259
Simply Pressed Clay 130685
Buttons & Blossoms Simply Pressed Clay Molds 131272
Rhinestone Basic Jewels 119246
Crystal Effects 101055



Teena


No comments:

Post a Comment