Friday 26 July 2013

By the Tide Gel Technique Card



I just love this gel technique which I discovered by watching this great video by Brandy Cox http://brandyscards.com/by-the-tide-video-tutorial/ She is very chatty and casual and easy to learn from just love all her video's.  This techniques has a ziplock bag filled with hair gel(in my case I could only find male hair gel to buy and it has a great manly scent) to make it look like the ocean.  I sponged some Pool Party behind the gel to make it look blue instead of clear.  You have to be careful because I ruined a card when the bag I used got a hole in it and it started leaking so just watch out for any tiny holes that might be in the bag BEFORE you fill it with gel.  This gorgeous stamp set is called By the Tide and it's really great for creating the elusive male cards.  I find male cards really hard to do I am a real girly girl and I just want to add bling and ribbon and lots of pretty girl colours so it's really hard for me to control myself.  I did add some Dazzling Details to the inside of the shell to make it look like mother of pearl and the ribbon I used is a male colour so hopefully doesn't look too feminine.  I fussy cut the lobster and shell and the fish inside the card then adhered them with Stampin' Dimensionals.  I randomly stamped the coral along the card behind the gel and along the front to give the "illusion" of the sea floor.

The inside of the card is more coral randomly stamped across the bottom with a fish swimming through it.
I used Whisper White Cardstock
Midnight Muse Cardstock, ribbon and Ink Pad
Pool Party Ink sponged behind the gel
Gumball Green Ink Pad
Real Red Ink Pad
Crumb Cake Ink Pad
By the Tide Stamp Set
Itty Bitty Banners Stamp Set
Bring on the Cake Stamp Set
Bitty Banners Framelits
Stampin' Dimensionals
Dazzling Details
1" Circle Punch

I hope you all really like this card and that it inspires you to make one too.


Cheers Teena

No comments:

Post a Comment