Wednesday 24 July 2013

Wetlands Birthday Card

Hi everyone thought that I would share my latest creation which I must say I am a teeny little bit proud of.  When I first saw this stamp set in the new catalogue I knew I had to get it.  There was just something about it that I really loved and I couldn't wait to see what other stampers came up with using this set.  I came across this lovely card on Pinterest by Ingrid Blackburn(http://thecreativegrove.com/wetlands-one-layer-card/) and I had to give it a go even though it was a little bit out of my skill set I thought why not you can only waste a little bit of card stock.  Here is the beautiful card I came up with.




I usually am a bit scared to stamp right onto the card so I just stamped onto a card front and then attached it to an Early Espresso card as this is for my father for his birthday I thought it needed a darker card base.  I used 2 pieces of  printer paper and tore them in half(you need the 2 sheets or it will go through onto you card stock) then I brayered and sponged the sea, sky and sand until I thought it looked right then stamped the birds and grass.  I used Tempting Turquoise and Soft Sky for the sky and sea and Sahara Sand for the beach.  I stamped the birds in Early Espresso and the grass in Wild Wasabi.  The greeting is from the same stamp set and I stamped that in Early Espresso also.
For the inside I used the same colours but coloured them in with the Stampin' Write Markers then stamped straight onto the card stock.  I am always a little scared to stamp straight onto the piece I am going to use I usually do it on a separate piece and then fussy cut or die cut it and adhere to the piece(yes I am a chicken).  Thankfully it turned out ok and I don't think dad will notice if it a little crooked(men just glance at cards and then forget about them) so all is good.  Hope you enjoy this card and if you would like to order the stamp set just click on my store button.  The stamp set is called Wetlands W 126695 $3795, C 126697 $29.95.
Have a great week everyone,



Cheers Teena








No comments:

Post a Comment