Monday 2 September 2013

Flower Pot Card

I was searching the internet to find how to do a Z fold card when I came across this gorgeous Flower Pot card by Frenchie who is a fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrator.  She has a wonderful video on how to do this http://www.frenchiestamps.com/2013/07/flower-pot-with-flower-shop-video.html.  So I decided to try it out and this is what I came up with.  I just love the Flower Shop stamp set which also has a matching punch so no fussy cutting.  Yay!  I used the new Textured 12" x 12" Cardstock in Smoky Slate from the new seasonal catalogue and ran the bottom through the Honeycomb embossing folder and the top flap I used the Square Lattice embossing folder.  I love the new Eastern Elegance DSP so I decided to use the colours from that DSP to make this card.  I stamped the Pansies in Bermuda Bay and Crushed Curry and punched them out then arranged them on the card and added Bermuda Bay buttons and White Simply Pressed Clay flowers to the centre of the Pansies.  I then tied some Bermuda Bay 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon around the flap of the pot (I just love this size ribbon) and added the sentiment from the Hostess stamp set Simply Sketched and punched that out with the Ticket Duo Builder punch.  This was a really fun card to do and so easy.
The flowers pull out to reveal the 'inside' of the card.  So cool!
Hope you enjoy this card


Cheers Teena

No comments:

Post a Comment