Wednesday 22 January 2014

Butterfly Wall Art

Hi all today I am too hot to do any crafting so decided to do a blog post instead.  I have been a bit neglectful of my blog lately so thought it was time to do a post.  I brought a 12"x12" Shadow Box from Vinnies ages ago and was waiting for some inspiration on what to put into it.  Everyone knows I love butterflies so I decided to just use butterflies, butterflies and yes you guessed it more butterflies.  I had butterflies strewn all over my desk you couldn't see the desk top because of all the butterflies lol.  The end product I am very happy with even though I might be a little biased.





I couldn't decide on what colours to use until I got the new Sale-a-bration Sweet Sorbet DSP which is one of the products you can get for free with every $90 order you put in during Sale-a-bration which runs from 28/1-31/3.  The colours in the DSP are Whisper White, Pool Party, and Basic Black so that is the colours I used on the butterflies.  I stamped them then punched/cut them out.  All but the big butterfly had a matching punch so it was really quick and easy to do all the butterflies.  I didn't have any Basic Black Ink so I used the Staz On Ink Pad to do the sponging around the butterflies and I scribbled some Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker onto one of our clear blocks and used that to add black to the centre of the butterflies.  I matted the DSP and cardstock so I didn't waste so much of the paper.  I didn't realise how hard matting is to do I would hate to have to do that for a living, but I managed to do it without making any mistakes.  Phew!

I know the word looks crooked from this photo I took it at an angle when to get a close up of the butterflies.  My stamping is not that bad lol.

To make this I used the following products:
Whisper White cardstock 124302
Basic Black cardstock 124267
Sweet Sorbet DSP free with purchase of $90 or more during sale-a-bration 26/1-31/3
Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker 100082
Pool Party Ink Pad 126982
Jet Black Staz On Ink Pad 10140
Rhinestone Basic Jewels 129324
Bitty Butterfly Punch 129406
Elegant Butterfly 127526
Papillon Potpourri Stamp Set clear 123759
Best of Butterflies Stamp Set clear 133345
For the 2 sentiments I used Snowflake Soiree Stamp Set clear 127925 and Bloomin' Marvelous Stamp Set which is from sale-a-bration last year and is now a retired set.

I love this so much I hope you do too,

Cheers Teena


No comments:

Post a Comment